Baked cheese prawns are topped with cheese and mayo and cooked until golden and bubbly, which is everyone’s favorite appetite. They are so creamy, cheerful, and deliciously addictive, hard to stop at one!
One of the many restaurants my daughter and I used to frequent was Hokkaido, an all-you-can-eat Japanese seafood place in the city of Long Beach. She went to the university a few blocks from the restaurant, and we would often come for dinner when I picked her up from school. This was where we celebrated her college graduation with a few of our family and friends.
The restaurant is about $25 per head, and you get a full bang for your buck. Their menu is pretty extensive, from a wide array of Chinese dishes, carving stations, sushi and salad sections, and made-to-order teppanyaki.
My daughter and I often visited Hokkaido, one of the most popular Japanese seafood restaurants in Long Beach. She went to the university a few blocks from the restaurant, and we often went to dinner when I picked her up from school. It was the place where we celebrated his college graduation with some of our family and friends.
The restaurant is about ڈالر 25 per head, and you get a blast for your money. Their menu is extensive, from Chinese dishes, carving stations, sushi and salad sections, and ordering Tepanyaki.
They are creamy, cheerful, and seriously addictive. You have to fight everyone on the last piece and ask you for a prescription.
You can pretend that you spent the whole afternoon in slavery in the kitchen when in fact, it only took 20 minutes to make them. Butterfly-making shrimp involves most of the work, and with a good pair of kitchen scissors and a sharp knife, you’ll be done in the breeze.
What will you need
And not only are these baked cheese shrimp ready in minutes, but they also have a short list of ingredients. Only four things set you apart from the most delicious seafood appetizer ever!
- Use large jumbo prawns for this recipe as they are easy to prepare. I was lucky to find sizes 31-40 on sale this weekend at our neighborhood supermarket, and they were just right for the job.
- Creamy topping is a simple blend of mayonnaise, chopped cheddar, and a little sprinkle of sugar that balances the flavor note with hints of sweetness. You can also heat the sugar with sweet chili sauce.
- If you want to change the type of cheese, I recommend the Monterey Jack, Mexican blend, or processed cheese meal (Eden) because they melt quickly and are creamy. Don’t use mozzarella cheese because it is too hard to melt.
- To enhance the color and flavor, add some herbs or spices such as chives, parsley, and garlic (fresh or powdered).
- To prevent the shrimp from overcooking, bake at a high temperature of 400 F so that the cheese is golden and bubbly until the shrimp is fully cooked.
These creamy butterflied shrimp are going to knock your socks off! You’ll be surprised how something so simple can be so good!
I suggest doubling the batch, primarily if you’re serving a crowd. Your guests are guaranteed to love the succulent shrimp and the gooey, cheesy topping; they’d be hard-pressed to eat just one.